Well happy new year everyone! There’s always something special about a new year. It’s a time to start fresh leaving the failures of the past year behind and embracing all the new opportunities and joys of the future. It’s a chance for us to reflect and either redirect our lives, or keep on running forward! One thing I pray is that it is a year of love for everyone. And that’s what today’s post is about. Love!
Now here is the age old question. How do I make him fall in love with me?
Well, let me give you a few basic thoughts that I hope will help you on your journey to finding true love.
Let me start with a question for you. Does he like you? In order to really fall in love, I think you actually have to like each other first. If you’re reading this and you’re just asking yourself, “How do I know if he’s into me? Well, I guess I will have to write another article for you all to read next time on that subject!
So let’s assume that he likes you and you like him. You’ve had a few dates, some fun times and some really great conversations. Of course, now you want more. You want him to fall in love with you. Well, unfortunately there is no recipe for love, but here are a few quick tips for you.
1) Play hard to get, but not too hard! A guy likes a bit of a challenge. There’s something about overcoming an obstacle that makes the victory so much sweeter. If you’re easy to get, a guy could lose interest. Same if you are too hard to get. Find a balance where you can show him hat you’re interested, but make him work a little bit for it.
2) Share Interests. This one is two-fold. First, take the time to show interest in him and the things he likes. Secondly, be interesting yourself. If he loves you, he’ll make an effort to be interested in the things you are interested in. Now, you’re probably both not going to have all the same interests, but finding things you can be interested in together is key.
3) Be Friends. There is a special connection between good friends. A level of comfort, honesty, openness, acceptance, understanding and so on. This is always a good foundation for a good, long-lasting relationship. This doesn’t mean that you have to be friends before dating, you can definitely grow that friendship while you are dating. Friendship is something that can often come naturally, but you do need to work on it and give it an environment where it can grow.
4) Be love-able. This one may sound simple, but it’s also the most important. If you want him to love you, be love-able. Don’t be mean, dramatic and self-centered, be love-able. Love him and show him love. Love is a verb, not just a feeling. Love is something you do. Show him you love him by doing the little things. If you’re not sure what to do, check out the 5 Love Languages. You might find it helpful to learn how to express love in different ways. Also, if you’ve ever been to a wedding, there is a good chance someone has read this:
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
5) Be Yourself. Do I really need to say it? Here’s the deal. If you go through pretending to be something that you’re not and he falls in love, you’re going to be in a lot of trouble later on. I mean, you can’t keep up the act forever. You’ve heard before, “Just be yourself, everyone else is taken.”
I know I said that there is no recipe for love, but give this a try and see where it takes you. Be interesting, be friends, be love-able and just be yourself!
If you found this helpful, have any questions or want to discuss, feel free to leave a comment. Until next time….